Volume 7, Issue 13 (8-2016)                   rap 2016, 7(13): 142-136 | Back to browse issues page


XML Persian Abstract Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Savar Sofla S, Abbasi M A, Kavian A. Determination of Breeding Objective and Economic Values for Dalagh Sheep in Extensive Rearing System. rap. 2016; 7 (13) :142-136
URL: http://rap.sanru.ac.ir/article-1-640-en.html
Animal Science Research Institute
Abstract:   (1128 Views)

In this study, production, reproduction, management and economic parameters resulted from recording of 4 flocks with 1155 head of breeding ewes during annual cycle of production (August 2011 to August 2012) in extensive rearing system were used to determine the breeding objective and relative economic values for Dalagh sheep. To calculate the economic values for traits, the level of each trait for the flock was increased by 0.1 standard deviation, while all other traits were held at their mean value and changes in profit was as sum of the absolute economic value for all traits. To calculate the relative economic values, absolute economic value of each trait was divided by sum of the absolute economic value of all of traits. In the base situation, live weight or carcass weight was accounted as 87.45% of revenue and wool and milk accounted for the remaining 12.55%. Feeding and management costs (variable costs) represented about 75.50% and 22.30% of total cost respectively. Relative economic values were 15.49 for conception rate, 12.26 for ewe survival, 9.81 for lambing frequency,9.14 for litter size, -12.5 for weight of ewe, -2.61 for  replacement weight, 2.97 for weight of wool, 5.73 for weight of milk and 18.86 for 6-month  live weight.

Full-Text [PDF 289 kb]   (800 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research | Subject: Special
Received: 2016/08/8 | Revised: 2019/03/12 | Accepted: 2016/08/8 | Published: 2016/08/8

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:
CAPTCHA

© 2019 All Rights Reserved | Research On Animal Production(Scientific and Research)

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb